When your loved one passes you are almost immediately thrown into making very big decisions. Whether it be requesting certain reports or speaking at their service, this page is here to let you know what you are entitled to as well as ease the stress in this whirlwind time.
Forms: Below are a list of reports you have to right to request and receive. Be sure to notify your C.A.O. if you choose to attain any.
* Autopsy Report– This report is one I personally chose not to receive. Everything from the exact second of their death to the number of wounds attained will be present. For some it may bring closure and answers to things needed, while for others it may open wounds you never wanted to surface. Just know that the decision is yours. If you can’t make this decision yet, just remember you have as many days, months and years as you need. Below are fellow widows’ experiences with the A.R.:
o Strongly Recommended – Jocelyn
o My Experience
* Accident Investigation Report– If the death of your spouse involved an accident involving the Army this report is at your disposal. All cases will be investigated by the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center.
* Line of Duty Report of Investigation– If your loved one died from anything other then natural causes a Line of Duty Report may be conducted. It just facts and other tid bits surrounding the events that occurred that fateful day.
Eulogy– Making the choice to speak at your spouse’s service is only one you can determine. Emotions, numbness and many other factors may be working against you, but if you find the strength and will to do so you might find these links helpful. From how to write one to making a back up plan, all topics and “what-ifs” are covered:
* How To Write a Eulogy (from About.com)
* Eulogy Sample for a Husband (from EulogySpeech.net)
* Eulogy Outline (from EulogySpeeches.net)
* Poems and Verses Great for Eulogies (from Next Gen Memorials)
The above links will take you to sites not associated with the American Widow Project. We are not responsible for the content of other websites.